The Benwiskin Centre is an ideal base for you, families or groups to explore the North West of Ireland. It is a 28 bed Holiday Hostel and Self Catering Accommodation Centre in the rural village of Ballintrillick, approx 5 miles from Mullaghmore, one of the ‘Signature Discovery Points’ on the Wild Atlantic Way’s long distance touring route.
The Centre is located in a beautiful scenic rural location in the shadow of Benwiskin Mountain, part of Ireland’s Dartry Mountain range, with the only tabletop mountain in Europe, Benbulben, within eye view.
The Benwiskin Centre provides:-
• Self-Catering Accommodation for individuals, families, groups
• Packages for youth & student groups
• Hall/Room Hire
• Solemnisation of civil marriages
• Office Services including free use of laptop and Wi Fi access for guests
• Laundry Services (during office hours Monday – Friday)
• Bicycle Hire Service (for guests availing of accommodation)
The area is steeped in history and folklore. Neolithic cairns, Dolmans and Ring Forts testify to the rich heritage of the people who lived here for thousands of years. Diarmuid and Grainne’s cave, the highest cave in Ireland, is at the famous Gleniff Horseshoe just 10 minutes drive from the Benwiskin Centre. Foundations of an old Barytes Mill Site is at the base of the Gleniff Horseshoe Drive. At Keelogues Cemetery you will find the ruins of an Abbey and there are also Mass rocks within walking distance.
There’s something for everyone; 7 beaches for you to choose from at Bundoran, Strandhill in Sligo, Cliffoney, Mullaghmore, Tullaghan, Streedagh in Grange and slightly further afield Rossnowlagh in Donegal.
If you’re into cycling and walking then you will not be disappointed – endless cycle paths and walkers trails to be explored. You can also hire out bicycles from our bike hire service at the Centre or for groups we can arrange hire of bikes from a local provider.
Mullaghmore and Bundoran have became famous for its surfing and what better place to stay than at The Benwiskin Centre to take advantage of this.
• Accommodation for up to 28/30 people
• Accommodation suitable for single occupancy, double to family rooms
• Accommodation suitable for group bookings / workshops / family reunions
• 2 Double rooms – A double bed and a set of bunk beds
• 3 Twin room – 2 single beds and a set of bunk beds
• 1 Dormer room – 4 sets of bunk beds
• Fold up beds for extra person in room or an inflatable mattress
• Travel cot
• All bed linen is supplied
• En-suite facilities in all rooms
• 3 extra showers/toilets available (1 suitable for disabled access – shower chair available)
• Free Wi Fi access for guests
• Laptop available by request during office hours
• Disabled access/ramped access
• All ground floor rooms
• A fully equipped self-catering kitchen with adjoining dining room
• Tea/coffee/sugar/salt/pepper/cooking oil provided
• Wash/dry laundry service (during office hours)
• Board games
• Common room with open fire/TV/DVD
• Barbecue area and garden
• Herb Garden for guests’ use
• Recycling facilities
• Solar panels
• Wood pellet boiler
• Oil central heating
• Bicycle hire service
• Booklet for local walks and cycling routes
• Local tourist information available
• Private lockable lockers
• Private car parking
• Open all year round (Christmas week and New Year week the Centre is available for group bookings of 10+ only